DISPENSE and ENCAPSULATION GUIDELINES
|Process||Description||Dimension Min. um (mils)|
|Glob Top||Overlap of Encapsulation to Wire Bond on PCB, substrate or package||≥600um (24 mils)|
|Glob Top or Dam & Fill||Overlap of Encapsulation to Top of Wire Bond Loop||≥200um (8 mils)|
|Glob Top or Dam & Fill||Space Fiducial to Glob Top or Dam||≥300um (12 mils)|
|Glob Top or Dam & Fill||Fiducial Size (3x Round Pad)||≥300um (12 mils)|
|Dam & Fill||Space Wire Bond Pad edge to Dam||≥200um (8 mils)|
|Dam & Fill||Dam Width minimum||≥400um (16 mils)|
|Dam & Fill||Dam Height maximum *
(2x Dam Width using Tall Dam material)
|≤800um (32 mils) *|
Dispense and Encapsulation Applications
- Glob top is a one-part process for small-medium die with wire bonds.
- Glob top with rigid black encapsulant for high reliability applications.
- Glob top with flexible UV light and moisture cure for clear encapsulant.
- Dam & Fill is a two-part process for large die with wire bonds.
- Underfill dispensing for CSP and Flip Chip components.
- Die-Attach epoxy dispensing: conductive and non-conductive.