Precision Die Attach
Die Attach, also known as Die Bond, is the process of attaching a die or multiple die to a package, Rigid, Flex, Rigid-Flex PCB or ceramic substrate. Precision X, Y, Theta die placement accuracy and epoxy bond line thickness (BLT) are critical requirements in Microelectronic products for Automotive/ LiDAR, Medical/ Biotech, RF/ Microwave/ mmWave, Industrial Automation and many other applications.
Epoxy Die Attach is the most used die attach process because of material cost and process time. The epoxy dispensing can be done with line dispensing, dot dispensing and epoxy stamp processes.
Die Attach Capabilities
- Epoxy Die Attach with conductive and non-conductive epoxy.
- Eutectic Die Attach using high temperature AuSn (Gold-Tin @280C).
- Precision placement +/-7um accuracy and Theta Placement +/-0.15°.
- Precision die placement by XY center line of physical die dimensions.
- Precision die placement by die surface topography (active area).
- Die Attach die size: 0.20mm – 50mm (0.008” to 2.0”).
- Die thickness: 0.10mm – 0.7mm (0.004” to 0.028”).
- Die Attach epoxy Bond Line Thickness (BLT): 25um-50um (1 mil – 2 mil).
- Die pick from: wafer, waffle pack, Gel-Pak and JEDEC tray.
- Die place to: Rigid, Flex, Rigid-Flex PCB and Ceramic substrates.
- Metrology for precision measurements of die placement accuracy.