DISPENSE and ENCAPSULATION
AmTECH’s innovations and in-depth knowledge of epoxy dispensing technology and materials have continuously led the industry while focusing on customer needs for the best dispense and encapsulation process.
Encapsulation processes are used to protect fragile die and wire bonds. We analyze the epoxy fluids, the assembly, the components, and your accuracy requirements so we can recommend the best process.
There are many assembly process considerations that you must consider for using liquid encapsulation materials: storage temperature, shelf life, proper thawing, pot life, substrate pre-heat and proper cure time and temperature.
Dispense and Encapsulation Capabilities
- Glob top is a one-epoxy process for small to medium die with wire bonds.
- Glob top with rigid black encapsulant for high reliability applications.
- Glob top with clear encapsulant and dual cure with UV light and moisture.
- Dam & Fill is a two-epoxy process for large die with many wire bonds.
- Underfill automated dispensing for WLCSP and Flip-Chip components.
- Epoxy dispensing for die attach: conductive and non-conductive epoxy.
- Heated and vacuum dispense area: 400mm x 400mm (15.75” x 15.75”).
- Accuracy +/-50um (2.0 mil), X/Y and Z repeatability +/-25um (1.0 mil).
- Automated time pressure auger dispensing is the preferred method.
- Dual Valve: Auger and JET pump capability.